Posts tagged ‘holidays’
I have been enjoying a basically internet-free vacation with the fam, but thought I would check in with the blog-world. I have read all your posts (if you’re on my reader!), but will probably continue my tradition of sucking at commenting!
Get ready for a recap of my Thanksgiving events:
- Got to the airport way too early and people-watched while playing Sudoku and reading The Two Towers.
- Slept and read my way through a four-hour flight, while jamming to Lenny Kravitz and Jason Mraz.
- Did the Christmas-treat cooking* we usually do at Christmas on Wednesday, since we’ll be in Vegas for Christmas again this year.
- Chopped off a shit-ton of my hair! It’s super-short and super-cute now! I’d show you a picture, but that would kind of kill the anonymity thing I’ve got going on.
- Helped prep for the big Thanksgiving feastola, including my crab-stuffing-covered-salmon (of meat products, I only eat seafood)
- Played Bunco** for the first time… still am not sure if I get it.
- Watched football and the Macys parade, before eating an insane amount of food.
- Went to see James Bond on Friday with my dad… we’re not sure if we got that either.
- Went to Galapagos’s parents’ house to visit with Galapagos & KG.
- Officially booked my first wedding gig (I’m a photographer) on my own: Licious’s fall wedding to her Spanish-Irish lovah.
I am now sitting in the basement with my dad, watching Lord of the Rings on the gigantor television, enjoying that I don’t have to go back to real life for another two days.
Hope everyone’s Turkey-day was good! Happy Holiday-Season!
*Anisette cookies (tradition from my Italian-side of the family), Chocolate-covered peanut butter balls, and Mint-chocolate fudge… let me know if you want recipes!
**A game that is basically who-can-roll-four-of-a-kind-first. We were very enthusiastic about it, but none of us are sure we get the appeal.